Wednesday 6 April 2011

The End...?

So after a year of commuting and trying to squeeze as much weekend riding in as possible, I've managed To drag my sorry ass 6,657km - a little way off what I'd originally aimed for, but as previously stated it's been less than an ideal year for stretch-goals! Nevertheless that would get me from Inverurie to somewhere in NW India...

There are almost one million new cases of colorectal cancer Worldwide (40,000 in the UK alone) every year. It is a relentless, indiscriminate disease with hideous symptoms and is devastating hundreds of families across Scotland as we speak.

Unfortunately, NHS Scotland is stretched to it's limits, facing significant financial strain and therefore limitations in what it can provide across Primary, Secondary and Community care settings. There is a heavy reliance on Charitable bodies like Macmillan, to provide the additional care and support that individuals living with Cancer need and deserve.

Macmillan Nurses and Advisors helped my parents with many aspects of their experience, from the provision of practical occupational aids, to financial advice and Professional, dignified round the clock care, at the very end.

I guess it's natural for me to want to champion what my Family received and help towards the maintenance of it, for those who find themselves in the same position, however small my contribution may be.

So no, this is not the end...it's just the beginning, watch this space.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: